April 17, 2018

HEY DEAR YOU...



1959 at #20 when I thought I could leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Hey Dear You……..

Yes, George is fractionally better.  He was a slug this morning, but he managed a nap and now sounds pretty good right now.  Crisp and funny too.

Me...I spent all day with one trip home to get a second ID, getting plugged back in to the VA system.  I can't hear many things in the soft and gentle category or at all in big crowds.  I kept having to ask the lady doing the data entry to say things over and over and....LOL  It really was funny.

I wish she had mentioned that I needed two ID's.  So after the majority of the paperwork was done, I came home for lunch.  Then to the bank and back out to the VA with my passport.   I must confess that I haven't needed to drive on the freeway in forever.  Stay at home me drove badly the first time around.  By my second visit, I had a better grip on things.

Payback for my heroics is a slice of pizza at Costco for dinner.

Tomorrow is a book day.  Maybe payback for today is book day tomorrow.

I think I will use this for my blog.  LOL 

Hugs, Mage 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Himself:  Thought Costco was a good idea.  His ripped and mangled knee has shingles.
Herself:  Asked the Scrap Quilt folks on Facebook to help with my gold thread problems.  Need new needles, need to sew slowly, need to try “Sewers Aid”, Try a different thread.  Et Al.
Reading:  Box, “Now Here to Run.”
Watching:  NCIS if new.
Gratitude’s:  That I got to the VA and back twice, Best of all that G is better.


10 comments:

  1. You are brave to drive on the freeway......no chance in the hot place I'll tackle that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The freeway is a major hurdle but you did it! You are undaunted, Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pretty major hearing loss and notice that people will always revert to their natural voices (when my hearing aids are out, which is mainly in the morning when Sue first gets up). I will get her to raise her voice once on but her very next statement, we must do it all over again ... and then again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was me yesterday. Sometimes I hear half of what's said. LOL Not reaal useful.

      Delete
  4. Freeway driving must be a thrill ride. I am spoiled by my two lane country roads. Who knew one could get shingles on the knee? I had it and it is miserable. Hope he caught it in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not shingles...he just got home and they told him allergies to the wrap he used.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life